Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Advent Calendar

Last year, my in-laws got E the Little People Nativity Scene.  I loved that he was able to play with the characters and we could talk about them in preparation for Christmas.  

This year, I had my eye on the Little People Nativity Advent Calendar that matched the nativity scene.  I talked myself out of buying it so I was thrilled when my in-laws surprised E and T with it for Thanksgiving.  

E and I started officially using it today, but I introduced it a few days ago and tried to explain how it all works.



We started off by taking all the pieces out and talking about who and what they represent.  Then, we practiced our numbers by putting them all back in the right spots.  I love that the numbers are on the back.

Now that December is here, we are going to keep it hung in E's room and remove one piece each morning after he wakes up.  This morning he jumped out of bed and proudly placed Mary on top of the stable (the pieces have velcro on the back and can be placed in the nativity scene at the top of the calendar).  I asked him if she should go inside and he said "No. She go on top, Mommy".

He can't wait to get to number 25 which is baby Jesus.  E has been planning His birthday.  He thinks Jesus would like a Mater and Lightening McQueen party and a cake with sprinkles.

No comments:

Post a Comment