Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Early Readers

Last year, my wonderful in-laws called me to let me know that the school district they both worked for was giving away their old reading series books.  They asked me if I would be interested in them and of course I said yes.

E is starting to show an interest in reading and already knows a few sight words and so I dug through the books that I had stored away and found these to go along with our topic of food this month (there were so many).  Don't get me wrong, the literature isn't gripping or artful in any way, but these books definitely have their purpose with kids who are just learning to read.

Here is an example of what a lot of these books look like.  Very simple and rhythmic text make these books perfect for building E's confidence in reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment