Sunday, March 13, 2011

Pancake Flip

In keeping with our food theme this week, I made a pancake game for E.  He loves pancakes and always wants to watch me make them.  Seeing his interest in wanting to flip the cakes (which obviously I never let him do), I made one of his trays into a griddle and let him have his hand at flipping.


I attached a piece of black felt to the tray to help make it look more like a griddle.  It ended up being necessary for E.  Without it, the pancakes slid all over the tray and were difficult to get under with the spatula. 

As for the pancakes themselves, I simply cut out circles, shaded them brown and laminated them.  To make the game a bit more challenging, I added sight words with dry erase marker.  I did this so I could change the words later without having to make more pancakes.

I had E flip the pancakes and say the sight word before turning over the next one.  He really got into and kept telling himself to hurry before they burned.  After he flipped the ones on the griddle, we added more  I had in waiting and kept on in this way for some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment