Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Make it in Minutes - Parking Lot Spaces


This was an activity I made for E in less than 5 minutes and he absolutely loves it. In fact, we have "recycled" it many times and he still sits to play it over and over when I bring it out for Tray Time.

I took a piece of card stock paper and taped down rectangular strips with numbers printed on them. I then took some white labels and attached matching numbers to the underside of some cars we had around the house.

E takes the cars and drives them to the correct parking spot on the sheet. This activity forced him to try and remember the number while he was pushing the car.

Sometimes he will play independently, but I will also play with him so that we can practice saying the numbers. For instance, he sometimes says eleventeen instead of eleven, so if I would pick that car I would say "E, I have to go park in the parking spot marked eleven. Where do you have to park?".

I am planning on remaking this activity with a new concept or new numbers that I would like to work on.

Tot School
E is currently 28 months old.

1 comment: